Sunday, September 6, 2026

Why Do Men Act The Way They Do?

Sometimes I swear certain men wake up every morning and choose Patrick Bateman energy like it’s a personality trait. The emotional range of a business card. The empathy of a marble countertop. The confidence of someone who’s never been told “no” in their entire life.

And the wild part? We’ve normalized it. Society looks at straight‑up manipulation and goes, “aww he’s just mysterious.” No, babe — he’s rehearsing his lines like he’s about to monologue in a mirror with Huey Lewis & The News playing in the background.

It’s always the same formula: Charm - confusion - detachment - gaslight - repeat. Like they’re following a script titled How To Pretend You’re Deep While Avoiding Accountability.

Some men genuinely think they’re the main character in a psychological thriller. They study people like stock charts, treat affection like a negotiation, and act shocked when someone expects basic emotional literacy. Meanwhile we’re supposed to decode their mixed signals like it’s an escape room.

Honestly? I’m exhausted. I’m done applauding the mask, the ego, the Bateman cosplay. If you need a whole performance to act human, maybe the problem isn’t “women are dramatic.” Maybe you’re just emotionally bankrupt with great lighting.

I'm glad my Boyfriend isn't a psycho if he was, I would beat him JkJk.

5 comments:

  1. Agree!! And the thing about this whole act is that they take the Patrick Bateman performance as genuine, they think it's real when the movie is supposed to be making fun of guys who act that way!! Their "idol" character would 1. hate them, and 2. is played and shown satirically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, this note is on fire, savage and so well written !!! <3 <3 <3 The last line is dropped mic ahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree wholeheartedly with this, I don’t understand why some men take Patrick Bateman so seriously, it’s like stated right in your face that he’s actually a total loser! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right maybe this next generation of men will be better!!!

      Delete